Saturday, April 7, 2018

September 6, 2016 ~ Week 49

Alright I think my week counting thing got messed up.. because i think technically this is my 51 week in the field as I hit my year mark this week! Or I've lost what math skills I ever had and I'm wrong... The only math I use is counting up the weeks numbers for call in reports. But nonetheless what a week it was!

We had super humbling experience as we were out an about on morning tracting and it was just a rough series of days, long days with lessons falling through, a lot of people not answering their doors and if they did answer their door it wasn't open very long. Not even long enough for Myƶhempien Aikojen Pyhien Jeesuksen Kristusken Kirkko to make it out of our mouths, but I'll be honest, that is a long church name! Anyways we have had a ton of people this week who are just super stuck on the Bible and basically quoted 2 Nephi 29 word for word. After a particularly hard no, we stood on the street to take a breath and make some calls to calm ourselves down a little bit, when the next thing we know a Finnish lady holding a plate of pulla (a Finnish pastry to die for) stops and asks us if we want one. Taken back we were like "are you sure?" and she insisted. We took one each and the warmth of it from the oven softened my taste buds, but melted my heart. At the moment I had realized how I had slowly but surely come under the false accusation that people outside of the church could show any Christ like love. I was humbled deeply and made me take a self evaluation to see if I was living up to the standard that is put to us as members of this church. Yes I realize that just because we are members doesn't mean we are perfect, in fact far from it and we are no better than anyone else. But this one simple act of Christ like love has changed my views! I mean she crossed the street and came to us, when other people cross the street to avoid us.After that experience I really tried to hon in on the positive aspects of those not in covenant and my love for the Finnish people has grown immensely!  

Other than that the work is going great! Our investigators are doing well! And we are having a ball here in Kokkola as things are looking up! Transfers are a few weeks away and if it happens that the Lord calls me a different way my heart will burst into a million peaces. I have found my own "Waters of Mormon" here is Kokkola. 

I hope this week goes well with everyone! I love you and will talk to you all next week!
 
Love,
Vanhin Robison
 
All the missionaries in my MTC group, I finally got to see again.

Letter from a primary Kid in my branch.

 
On the train to Mission Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment