Saturday, April 7, 2018

April 19, 2016 ~ Week 31

Hello everybody! This week was a great week just ending splits this morning and now ready to face another week! The weather is very nice here, tempting me to go outside without a jacket on now, that's monumental. Ive worn a jacket over my suit every single day of my mission in the field here, so when my outer jacket is removed, it will be a big day! But anyways we have some awesome experiences this week! 
 
One thing that is unique is that one day everyone in Finland will say yes to the missionaries and the next day its like they all form a pact and shut every missionary down. Its a weird trend that seems to happen. People yesterday were unusually busy but that's alright. This up coming week we have Stake Conference in Tampere and then back to Tampere for Zone Training! 

We have been doing a lot of work in the area book here recently! Yesterday we completed our goal of following up with verysile person in the area book! From that we have seen a lot of investigators come about and a lot of cool places I didn't know existed here in Lahti, as we are now spreading our feelers in our area! We have also meet some really cool people this week from Vietnam, Russia, Ukraine and Africa! Although the lady form Ukraine wasn't to nice to me yesterday. We were on the bus and to start a conversation I will ask a word question because its less awkward, anyways I asked her some word and she was like hey now I don't speak Finnish, which was weird because she looked Finnish, but looks can be deceiving. She told us she was from Ukraine in her very little Finnish. Then the conversation dies because we couldn't really communicate due to he language barrier. But then her phone rings, and low and behold she answers it and speaks perfect Finnish. It was very awkward and unfortunately my witty brain couldn't come up with a comment to say, so I held my peace and tried to avoid laughing. Its amazing the extent people go to, to avoid talking to us. I don't think she is really form Ukraine now... That story took place with Elder Reeder, my MTC companion. He and I have been together now for almost 9 months now haha. He is still in my district haha! 

Our investigator form Iran fed us this week a traditional meal, the only weird part is they eat on the ground. It was a cool experience though, although nobody there spoke English and very broken Finnish. It was a quite dinner conversation on our end of the deal haha. But they were all chatting in their mother tongue of Kurdish.
That was my week! I love you all!
Love,
Vanhin Robison

Elder Robison and his DL on splits

No comments:

Post a Comment