Saturday, April 7, 2018

November 8, 2016 ~ Week 57

Hello! This week we got dumped on with snow! It was awesome! It's been snowing for over a day now! I love it so much! But my companion thinks I'm nuts for liking the snow this much! But when you go a dark and cold November with no snow here in Finland, you'll see why the snow is great!

This week I got a strong testimony builder that when we declare the gospel boldly and simply the Spirit testifies and the work goes much better! We were correcting a false doctrine that was taught concerning the Word of Wisdom and the correction we had to give would make it a little harder on our investigator, but we told him how it is, why it is this way and how he can know. The Spirit filled the room as He confirmed the truthfulness of our message. After as we were leaving our member present said "whoa, I could really feel the Spirit testifying that this was true!" I promise that as we teach correct doctrine the Spirit will testify, hearts will be touched and lives will be changed!

Another thing my companion and I talked a lot about was how we need spiritual confirmations to spiritual answers, something my oldest brother Austin talked a lot about in his homecoming talk. As we ponder Jesus' life we see that not everyone believe Him. It's baffled me as I've thought about that, how could they not have known that he was and is the Messiah? Well one crutial part of receiving a spiritual confirmation is by acting on the doctrine (John 7:17). As we act and exercise faith, we invite the spirit into our hearts and therefore receiving a spiritual confirmation. But much like King Benjamin tellin us that he cannot tell us all the ways to sin, for there are many, I cannot tell you all the ways to receive a spiritual confirmation, for there are many.

Sorry for my speech, this is just something that was on our minds this week as we walked down the snowy streets of Finland! I love you and hope all is going well!

-Vanhin Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment