Saturday, April 7, 2018

August 5, 2016 ~ Week 44

Hello my dear friends and family! Isn't it just a great day to be alive! I wake up everyday (at what seems too early) and marvel that I am in the beautiful North of Finland doing the most important thing that I can be doing! It's amazing at the joy that can be brought when focus on the present! I have found that looking forward and backward is not bad, as long as we are focused in the present. The more I focus in the work, the happier I am. The more I ponder about life before the mission, the more longing I have to go back, and the more I think about life after the mission the more trunky I become. The present is where we are and at least for me focusing on that brings me happiness and a focus. But I don't write home to give lectures on what I've learned or my doctrine, rather I write to inform you all of what the Lord is doing in this part of his vineyard and to strengthen your testimony in Him.
This week was awesome! it was a little slower this week numbers wise but we did just as much work as the week before! We had a lot of fun trudging through awesome storms and also basking in the warm rays of the sun. We have had great success as we rely on the Lord. There have been many times in lessons where my companion and I just can't say what we want to say or understand what is being said to us, but amongst all of that, the spirit is there and because of that, lives are touched. I always thought that i needed to be a master teacher and master in the language to find success in missionary, but that is not the case! The Lord calls upon the weak things of the earth to thrash the nations, or the scripture goes something like that. Anyways, we are definitely the weak things, being humbled in many situations but then again strengthened shortly there after! 
 
The Lord is truly guiding this work and he does it by the spirit! It is an incredible thing to ponder and think about, the impact that the spirit can have on a soul. I love the Lord, and i love this work! I have seen so many great blessings and been apart of so many cool experiences because of serving a mission, doing things and meeting people that i never would have done/met any other way. This is the only true and living church upon the face of the earth, and Christ is at it's head. 
 
I hope you all have a great week! Sorry I get so preachy... I still love you!:)
 
-Vanhin Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment