Saturday, April 7, 2018

May 9, 2016 ~ Week 34

Hello all of family and friends! We are coming off the most difficult/rewarding week of my life! During a recent Zone Training my eyes were opened to what our potential here is. We learned of two sisters in our Zone who succeeded in placing over 100 Books of Mormon in a week. Up until this point I thought that that was impossible considering that my companion and I had averaged 20-30 a week. We realized that we could do something different in order to raise our view of our potential. So we set our goals high, of placing 100 Books of Mormon this week. We realized that we would need to spend a lot more time on the street than normal as tracking just was not fast enough. So we spent 8 hours a day on the street talking to people. This increased amount of people being talked to really increased the number of answers we received, most resulting in no's. The first few days it wasn't bad, but by the third and fourth day it was wearing on us. We persevered with prayers in our hearts the entire week, and accomplished our goal of placing 102 books this week. But I learned a very lesson, I really, truly learned, in the smallest degree possible, what it was like for the Savior. Although he didn't just spend 1 week or 2 years being rejected and despised of men, he spent his entire life. I learned on a personal level what it was like to bare his cross. It shocked me the rejection that we received, but even more the ones he received. Even after giving powerful sermons to people, they still prayed that he would leave from them (Mark 5:17). Although we endure no physical abuse (just that of walking for hours and hours), we endured a lot of scrutiny, laughing, mocking, pointing fingers and so on. I feel it was only through this way that Heavenly Father could open my eyes for a brief moment to see and experience what it was like for Jesus Christ.
Looking back I don't think Ive changed a whole lot since coming on my mission, but I don't have a closer, deeper connection with my Savior Jesus Christ because of this goal that we set and worked to achieve. I feel that later don the road, this renewed connection with Him, will change me in some way.
Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of the world. It is not possible to be saved without him, but he is there waiting to apply the atonement into our lives in a physical and spiritual aspect. He loves perfectly, because he knows us perfectly. This is his church on the earth today, the only true and living church.

Love,

Vanhin Robison

Handed out the 100th Book of Mormon


No comments:

Post a Comment