Saturday, April 7, 2018

September 19, 2016 ~ Week 51

First things first, happy birthday to my grandfather Walker! He is a great example of hard work and the American dream! He also gave a very good talk on patriotism on the 11th of Sunday in case you hadn't heard.

But this week was great the work is going super well here in blessed Kokkola! We have a strong branch with members that love the Lord and that want to help us! I was blessed yesterday with the opportunity to address these faithful saints in sacrament meeting! They love the Lord so much that one of them corrected my doctrine after I gave my talk. I said that Christ was born of Mary and Joseph in Bethlehem (implying that Joseph was not His literal father but an earthly role model), but after I gave my talk she let me know the God is the Father of Christ. I guess that my implied doctrine wasn't fully received. It was a great reminder to me that this doctrine needs to be taught so simply that it is impossible to misunderstand.

We also received some hard news to take. Friday was transfer calls, and turns out that Kokkola is going to have to be placed in the rear view mirror as I have been assigned to serve in Lohja (a small suburb of Espoo). My dream of a transfer has come to an end and it comes with a new scenery too. I love Kokkola, the Lord has made his hand shown to me here as Elder Martin and I have tried to serve with all of our might! Here is Kokkola my testimony has received so much strength and confirmation of the truthfulness of this gospel. I have also experienced peace, happiness and confidence that I have never before felt! Leaving this place will definitely be a tear jerker, but I have confidence that the Lord is mindful of where I need to be!

Yesterday we taught the Restoration to a new investigator and this time I was blessed with the opportunity of reciting the First Vision. When I said it this time, the spirit entered into my heart as never before, confirming to me that these words are true! I know that this is Jesus Christ church on the earth. Joseph Smith was His prophet and today it is Thomas S. Monson. These are days to never be forgotten!

I hope you all have a great week! I will talk to you again next Tuesday!
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment