Saturday, April 7, 2018

June 14, 2016 ~ Week 38

Boy oh boy what a miraculous week this week has been! But first things first, happy birthday to my grandma Walker, the one who really holds my high school diploma, not me! She edited every single one of my essays that I wrote in high school, and some of those must have been painful to read , trust me I know. 
But buckle up because the description of my week will sound like I'm in South America, but I'm not, I'm in Finland! So to get things going I will start off with a bold power statement like we use in contacting. This week culminated in 6 new investigators and the addition of one other investigator yesterday and someone actually called us back! That last line right there makes any missionaries jaw drop. But believe it or not they (investigators) were all found through the area book! When I first got here we decided to do tons of area book work and follow up with or attempt to follow up with them many times. Our system is start with the former investigator, call 3 times, after no answer or response send them a text and if still no response visit them when possible. This of course is spread out over a monthish. We had set up 2 lessons from the area book for Thursday when we had splits with the zone leaders (Elders Suorsa adn Nissen) and a lot of names to follow up on. So we we split up, Elder Nissen and I took on one area while Elders Suorsa and Johnson took on another area. In their area we had a potential family which we found through following up on a former who had no longer lived in the same building so we tracted it and ran into them there as we knocked on their door. AS they followed up with them they let them in and taught a lesson with a return appointment set up. Boom, 2 new investigators (husband and wife). After them Elder Suorsa had a thought to follow up with a different former he had in that area back when he served there. As they went there they came to find out that they no longer lived there, but someone else was now living there and invited them in. There were two people, both listened and they invited them back. Boom, 2 more new investigators. Then both of our lessons went through that night totaling to 6 new investigators, in one day. But it gets better. 
We got a few pretty solid contacts it seems from our finding efforts that day as well. Any ways, skip ahead to Sunday where we go back to teach the two friends again, although they weren't there, but a different guy opens the door. We didn't recognize him at first (assuming he was our investigator) we ask him if he has time to meet right now and he says "Not today but tomorrow I do." After a  second we realize that this was not our investigator and that it was indeed his roommate. Anyways we went back on Monday and taught him the first lesson, committing him and many other of our new investigators to baptism in the first lesson. Then after our lesson as we are going to catch our bus to take us home we stop a Chinese man who is Christian and we set up a lesson with him on Wednesday. And this morning a potential we called a while ago calls us back and we set up a lesson with him for Friday! Wow I can not believe this week! Miracles upon miracles! We have been blessed tremendously!
 Have a great week! I love you all!
-Vanhin Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment