Saturday, April 7, 2018

January 17, 2017 ~ Week 66

Another week has come and gone here in Finland! The temperatures are still hovering around freezing and we are half way through January! I am hoping that we are going to squeeze by without a real cold winter her in the south of Finland.

The week went really well though! I went on exchanges with the AP's in my district and wow they are two solid human beings, I love them! While contacting with one we basically taught two lesson in a row. WE got off the train and started to walk down the road and we met a man form Ghana waiting at a bus stop and we talked to him for a good 15 to 20 minutes and taught about baptism and then the restoration and gave him a "watered down version of the Book of Mormon" and set up a return appointment while closing it with a prayer to seal the deal. It was really cool!

We then crossed the street and walked a little further down the road and met a lady from Ethiopia and taught her as well about agency and how to find answers to prayers and also gave her a "watered down version of the Book of Mormon". It was super cool to have two of those experiences all with in 3 minutes of each other! It also makes the tracting block really short as well which is nice sometimes.

But this week we gave really been working on teaching in a contact so that the Spirit can have something to testify about. I have seen a lot of success in this as we approach someone, try to get to know them and teach from their needs so that it will be both powerful and meaningful. The Spirit has been able to guide our words as we have "treasured up in our minds" the doctrines of this gospel and then expounded them to others on the street.

We also have done a lot of traveling this week visiting members that live a ways out there and have little contact with the church. One of the richest blessings of my mission thus far is the relationships that we have made with the members in the areas where we serve! Not long ago at the temple I was reunited with a married couple that lived in my first area and it was so cool to talk to them again (this time I could understand them and they could understand me for the most part) and see how everything was going back in the city of Lahti!

I hope all is well at home! I love you!
-Vanhin Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment