Saturday, April 7, 2018

October 11, 2016 ~ Week 54



Hello dear family and friends! This week I just got to sit back and watch the Lord do his work on many people around us! But I guess saying that I got to sit back and watch is a bad expression because I had to do some work too in order for that to happen. God won't work a miracle until my companion and I start it.
This week while talking to people we got to see many people whose hearts changed right  in front of our eyes. Here are two examples:
1. My companion Elder Parry and I were tracting and we get this door and nice Finnish woman opens the door, we give our message and she express' her disinterest in it. We try a little harder, by offering her a book and she again says no. This time we decided that we just need to bare our testimony to her about the truthfulness of this book and the divinity of our message. While testifying, we literally see her facial complexion change and the light in her eyes start to burn brighter. We then again offered her a book and she accepted it. We have not been able to go back to visit yet, but this week will.
2. Example two, happens while on companion exchanges. We are once again tracting and we run into this atheist man, a very nice man who for some reason or another has chosen not to believe in a loving Father in Heaven. We try too access a little more as to why he is that way at the door. After teaching one or two truths we ask to see if we can come in and share more to which he replies in the negative. I was about to thank him for his time, but my temporary companion keeps prodding, explaining our purpose and how he can come to know the truthfulness of our message. After that the man lets us in. Although he was not interested in learning more we were still able to see the change that can happen inside someone.

We as missionaries are blessed with these kind of experiences almost on a daily basis, if not every day. As we testify of our Savior we can see the Spirit working on those whom we teach. Because of this great opportunity we have, we get to see these miracles everyday and then report them home to you, in hopes of building your faith in this Gospel and in the One who makes it's all possible.
The church is true. 'I am a disciple of Christ' and have been called to share that message.

I hope you all have a great week and that you can still enjoy the beauty of the turning leaves before they are gone! I love you!

-Vanhin Robison

There is a tree growing out of building.

No comments:

Post a Comment