Thursday, July 22, 2021

June 13, 2017 ~ Week 86

 This week had a few days of the most perfect weather, only to be chased out by the summer rain storms a few days after it's arrival. It was nice though because we have to wear suits all day on Sundays out of respect for the Sabbath and it would have been very uncomfortable in warm humid weather.


This week we got to me with a man from Syria. We had to make sure that he was safe to teach becomes he comes from a Muslim country and we would hate to baptize him and then tat cause never repercussions on him or his family. He told us that if ISIS ever found out that he was baptized his family would be killed back home. He said also that ISIS is only 25 kilometers from his house. It's sad that we lose that teaching opportunity but we need to keep these people safe.

We also got let into a home where people from Egypt were living. When I received my call to Finland, I never ever imagined meeting people from as many countries as I have. Europe is becoming a melting pot. They were fun though, we also have to make sure that they are safe to teach due to their home country.

We got to go to the temple this week, that was a blessing. I love the temple and it is even more beautiful in the summer. I have been plenty of times in the winter, but summer is a whole-nother experience! Although I left my camera at home so I couldn't take any pictures.

We met with a lady from the Philippines this week, she is very desirous to join the church but work is a barrier for her as she has to work on Sundays. Her name is also the name of a Book of Mormon prophet so that is cool. Any guesses on which one? But teaching her just brings me so much joy. I receive the spirit and emotions that I expected on my mission while teaching her. Maybe it's because it is in English and I understand it all, I don't know, but it is awesome! 

It was a great week, I hope that you can say the same.

Love,
Vanhin Robison

Nice dirt roads to a members house


This truck straight from America, confused my companion and I so bad



At the top of these apartment buildings in Helsinki you can see forever. Also you 
can see that you don't have to be very far from the biggest city in Finland and be in the thick of a forest!





No comments:

Post a Comment