Wednesday, July 21, 2021

May 30, 2017 ~ Week 84

 Hello my family and friends! Transfer calls came in this week and I am leaving this beautiful land of Oulu and I am going to Helsinki! I was in Helsinki earlier in my mission but that was in the north side of Helsinki and I will now be in the east of Helsinki. I am pretty excited to be able to go down there and serve with Elder Peay who is two months younger than me in the mission. Although I am pretty sure that he is older than me, which is funny because I have been older than only one of my companions, the rest have been older than me. That means I get to learn a lot from them which is great! But anyways I will be leaving on a train tomorrow mid day to go down to Helsinki. I love Oulu, I love the members here and the people that I have come in contact with. This has defiantly be a peaceful smooth sailing few transfers here in Oulu.


This week, as all last weeks of transfers go we found some really cool people to teach. We got let in this week which was awesome! It doesn't happen that much so i am glad that i got to be apart of this one. We knock on this door and a young father answers who just seems like he has it all figured out, a nice put together man. We taught briefly about God's plan for us at the door and what is required for us to fulfill that plan. we asked if we could come in and share more and he let us in. we taught him very simply and briefly what our message is all about, and that is fulfilling our Loving Heavenly Father's plan for us and returning to receive all that he has for us. He was answered everything right, asked great questions and really seemed like the 'golden investigator'. We invited him to baptism and he said no. However we have faith that as we teach restored truths to him and as he acts his heart will change. It was just cool to meet him and teach him. Too bad I am leaving.

We did tons of service this week too for members. One is building a deck and the other is taking his deck down so we got to play in the dirt a little this week! I got sunburned, that wasn't something I expected to experience in Finland but it happened haha. It felt like i was at duplex week all over again, but it was awesome! I never thought that I would miss manual labor. Although I probably really liked it because it was service:)

Last P-day we played soccer and I was sore for a solid 4 days. It was just my companion and I but I felt the effects of no real sporting for 1½ years and not warming up before. It was a feeling I haven't had in a long time but it was also really fun! I got sunburned during that too. i now have really weak skin.

I hope all is going well at home wherever you maybe! Have a great week!

Love,
Vanhin Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment