Saturday, July 24, 2021

July 25, 2017 ~ Week 92

 Hey my family and friends, just when I thought that maybe we had used up all of our blessing that God could give us He still gives more. We found a lot of new investigators this week! A few of those include a mother and her 10 year old daughter, a man from Pakistan and a married couple with whom we set a baptismal date the first lesson. It was great but unfortunately we got a text from them right before church on Sunday saying that they were not going to make it to church because they were on a plane to the Philippines and return in 3 weeks. Needless to say that their baptismal date is postponed until they return.


I also had cool experiences where Heavenly Father has blessed me with answers to my prayers. One of the experiences was on Sunday when I got a call an hour before church asking if I could fill in for a speaker who was not going to make it to sacrament meeting. I gladly accepted and was given the topic of "my conversion". I immediately had a scripture come to mind and began searching for it but could not find it anywhere. I offered a quick prayer that I would be able to find it if Heavenly Father wanted me to use it and continued my search. I did not find it so I settled on Luke 22:32. As sacrament meeting was starting I quickly reviewed my jumbled thoughts and read Luke 22:32 in the Finnish Bible to make sure it was all in order when I realized the Finnish translation was not the same as the English Translation and that it no longer worked with my talk. So in literally a final minute attempt I found the original scripture that i was looking for 3 Nephi 9:20. The end of the verse describes my conversion " him will I baptize with fire and with the Holy Ghost, even as the Lamanites, because of their faith in me at the time of their conversion, were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and they knew it not".  That is how I see my conversion, little by little over time until I can say that i know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that this is His gospel. 

That was just one a few cool experiences that i had this week and unfortunately time restricts me from adding me to this. I love you and hope that you have a great week living the gospel of Jesus Christ!

Love,
Vanhin Robison


1. My district


2. All the glue we scraped off the chair after my companions tried to glue me to it



3. Another sunset picture

4. A rainbow 






No comments:

Post a Comment