Tuesday, July 26, 2022

September 5, 2017 - Week 98

 Wow, it's come, my 2 year mark will be this Saturday. That means that the fourth quarter has ended and we go to overtime. In sports we somehow always found the energy and drive to play harder and smarter in the extra innings and I hope it can apply here as well. I can't believe how much these past 2 years has helped me in innumerable ways. The hard part is now trying to find specific ways where I have improved. Elder Hales talked in this past general conference about how all the attributes of Jesus Christ are connect and that as you increase in one you also increase in another and another. That is how the mission is too, mainly because we strive daily to develop Christlike attributes but also because every aspect of ourselves rises as we progress. Though we are not perfect and may not always be progressing it is great to take a moment or two and see what has changed from a month ago, a year ago, or even 2 years ago. Despite all this change I probably can not give you a favorite memory or an aspect in which I have developed the most so don't be looking for those answers😀.

This week we got to do a lot of finding despite us getting all of those investigators last week. Well we always should be doing a lot of finding because finding is like breathing, you just always do it. I did mean though that we spent more time outside than rather than being in lessons, which was a little unexpected but people were busy. We got to meet some really prepared people though, like a man from India who moved here to get out of his spiraling depression due to the loss of his father. Or a man who self referred himself and requested a copy of the Book of Mormon. As we stood at his door to give it to him, I asked Elder Smith if he would like to start the contact and try to get in to teach. He looked at me and said "I've never done this before, I'd rather watch and learn". I giggled and said "I've never done this either". The contact went well, though he was more interested in getting his Book of Mormon than listening to us yabber on. We will go and visit him tomorrow to see how it's going and to answer questions.

This week we had a zone conference, a great one and a fitting doctrinal focus of becoming true disciples of Jesus Christ. I like that topic because so much goes into that and is a focus of life. At the end i got to offer my departing testimony (seeing that it was my last zone conference). I mentioned earlier in this email that have improved in many ways, one of those ways is not however holding back my tears. The water tables were high as dad likes to say and they couldn't be held back as all I could testify of was of Jesus Christ. That he lived, died and lives again offering us the opportunity to do as he did and to become as he is. I learned from myself as the spirit was putting words in my mouth to say.

Now it is onward and upward to more people to find and lives to change with the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Love,
Vanhin Robison

Photos:
Maybe a trip to the temple influenced such a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment