Tuesday, July 26, 2022

August 22, 2017 ~ Week 96

 Hey family and friends a lot happened this week and I don't have all the time in the world so we will see how far I get!


This week Finland had it's first major news break in a long long time. In Turku, there was a man who attacked and killed 2 people with a knife and injured many more. He was caught and arrested only minutes. This was the only thing on the Finnish peoples mind the past few days. We even held a moment of silence at the beginning of sacrament meeting in remembrance of those who were affected by it. All the missionaries were informed the night of what had happened and we are all safe. 

We did experience a miracle this week where we were lead to a person who is seeking to know more. We had a lesson set up for yesterday with a potential that we had tracked into weeks earlier but when our member could suddenly no longer come due to an unforeseen issue we had to cancel the lesson. We went to her door to do so and to explain the situation and to set up another time to meet. We had a good conversation with this woman and got to know her a little more. Right before we were about she said "Ok, I just have to tell you this". She continued "I have never really been religious in my life yet i have always wondered is there a God and what is my relationship with him and if he is with me. I have experienced hard times in life, as we all do, but I have never before prayed. Then one day, a few weeks ago I got to the point in my difficulties where I could nothing but pray. So i went to my room to pray for the first time in my life and pondered what I would say to God. Right before I started to pray I hear a knock at the door. i answered it only to see that it was you two standing behind my door. I thought there is no way, is this a sign from God?". As you could imagine Elder Smith and I were pretty excited and filled with the deepest gratitude. That is one of the best feelings to know that you were led to someone who is searching and wants to know. We will meet with her tomorrow and we are very excited!

Yesterday we also did teach another with a much different outcome. It was with another potential investigator who is just concerned for the welfare of our souls. The lesson was more of he trying to show us that we are wrong and it felt like one of those preachers that i am sure Joseph Smith listened to which lead him to ask "which of these is right,or are they all wrong together?". Needless to say we got 'bashed' for an hour straight, not my favorite activity. We both walked out of the lesson feeling more and more confident that this is the restored gospel of Jesus Christs, with restored truths.

We were also able to deal with people as the savior may have done in a more personal way. we met a man on the street, someone who just has nothing in his life. We walked with him to his hoe and tried to share with him the gospel of Jesus Christ but he wasn't listening. We then just tried to be his friend and talked to him about what he really cared about, and that was the NFL. Apparently the St.Louis Rams are now in Los Angeles. Though we weren't able to stay long because we had other places to and that we weren't able to teach, I did feel like we fulfilled our baptismal covenant of mourning with those that mourn and comforting those that stand in need of comfort. The tears in his eyes said it all as we were preparing to leave. There are a lot of lonely people in the world and the lord has a way to take care of it all i believe that home teaching maybe that way and also through us, his disciples by fulfilling our baptismal covenant.

Have a great week! It was a great one for me!:)
Love,
Vanhin Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment