Sunday, February 10, 2019

March 7, 2017 ~ Week 72


Hello, my family and friends! This week was a fun one. We got to help out at a Finland wide YSA event that was held here in Oulu and I was able to catch up with some old friends that I have met here in Finland which was really nice considering that I didnät think Iäd see them again before I went home. We were there to help make the food so we were put in the very back of the kitchen that was hotter than Iäll gets out. The saying "If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen" has been given a new meaning to me here in Finland.

But along with all that fun, we did get some missionary work in. We traveled two hours east on a train to Kajaani and had exchanges there with some great elders. I was shown how soft the car has made me these past few months because what was a normal day of walking at the beginning of my mission turned out to be way harder than I remember. We walked forever, I swear we walked across Kajaani and back a few times. Despite all of that I enjoyed my time as we talked with everyone about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how it can bless them in their life.

Yesterday my companion and I were tracking in an area that was full of families, young families and we got to testify about our favorite thing, the gospel blessing our own family and how it can bless them. I really tried to make each contact as personable as I could and it was great to feel the Spirit backing me up. I really thought of each blessing I promised before I said it and gave me a new our look on how the Spirit works and where it is most powerful in our personal ministry.

This week I was also reminded of the importance of the Book of Mormon. Over the course of my mission, I have come to see that there are many many things in this world that can grab our attention and distract from things that have little or no importance and cause us to look beyond the mark. Luckily for us, with the work hastening and the adversaries influence becoming more and more prevalent, God has truly given us safety for the soul. I love the promise given in 1 Nephi 15:24. Itäs my second favorite promise in the Book of Mormon behind Moroni 10:3-5. It says "And I said unto them that it was the word of Godö and whoso would hearken unto the word of God and would hold fast unto it, they would never perish, neither could the temptations and the fiery darts of the adversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction." What a promise! It adds so much counsel and comfort to a world that makes us very unsure of the future.
Sorry for the random thoughts but this is just a short summary of what I experienced this week! Have a great week! 

Love,
Vanhin Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment