Sunday, September 11, 2022

September 27, 2017 ~ Week 110

 Yeah.. sorry my counting got very far off on my subject lines. I did the math this week and realized that it was Week 110 not 102 for this week. Anyways, despite however many weeks I have had on my mission it was still a good one. I don't think that i have had a bad week though, rough moments yes, but none to over power the outlook of my whole week.


This week we were confined to be indoors all of yesterday, hence P-day being today because my companion got a mini operation on his toe, but today we are back up and at it again. During all of our time inside we got a lot of book work done, updating records and reanalyzing whom we could talk to. I also developed a deep appreciation for my and my companions good health throughout my mission. Being inside all day is not my favorite activity. Yes I do take into consideration that some missionaries and companionships have no other option, but if you can be up and out, do it. We were able to go to a members home yesterday and have dinner with him. We had what is called "hot pot". I will include a picture, but anyways you have a  pot of boiling water flavored to your liking and then you put your meat and vegetables in there that you want with noodles and wait a minute or two to cook and then you eat it out of the pot. he trick is that you keep adding as you eat so that you don't have to wait for very long. It was good, really hot though as you might assume. This type of dish is popular among Asian cultures and so it's only appropriate that we ate it all with chopsticks. Of all the places to become skillful with chopsticks, i did not think Finland would be the one.

Earlier this week we taught one of our investigators who is very active in his own religion, which is good but makes him being open to new things a bit more difficult. It is fun to try and seek inspiration as to what specific piece of doctrine will grab his attention and open his eyes a little more. We found out this week that the Book of Mormon was not it haha. He loves his Bible and that has clouded his judgement in accepting another book of scripture, but we are working hard to help him see the need for it as well as the benefit that continued revelation has.

While following up with former investigators and potential investigators we met a woman that we will name Elen. Elen has faced very tough health problems throughout her life (now fighting her 3rd brain tumor), yet she has chosen to take a positive attitude. When she was really young and was diagnosed with it she was angry upset and frustrated. After some time she realized that those emotions do no good for her, let alone help other people. Since then she has taken it upon herself to seve others while she is in a state where she needs service. Elen may have been one of the most positive people that I have met on my mission, really choosing to see the good in everything and to help everyone she can. without her knowing she emulates and has take upon her the character of Christ, the ability to turn outwards instead of turning inwards. 

I look forward to an even better week this week! 

Love,
Vanhin Robison


    Elder Smith and I eat so healthily, look at all that color!


That is a weird thing to lock your bike with



Hot pot




No comments:

Post a Comment