Sunday, January 24, 2016

December 22, 2015 ~ Week 15

Hello all! Wow what a week! Im pretty sure i start every email off like that, my bad. But it was quite a week! On Monday we went down to Helsinki for our interim training and it was 3 straight days of training for like 12 hours a day. They were some long days full of self pondering, making corrections and learning. But I feel I came out better and more determined than when I went in! We talked a lot about Charity, Faith, Hope, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, planning and everything single things was related to obedience. So it was kind of like a chastisement all week because I realize I can be doing so much better! But good thing we have the atonement of Jesus Christ! I also think that I got called out because I hadn't cut my hair since I left the MTC, and it was shaggy, and President was talking about our appearance, and he says, Elders some of you need a haircut in here. Then he scanned that room and tried so hard not to make eye contact, but I did, and realized that yeah that was to me, whoops. So dont worry I cut my hair, actually Elder Smith cut my hair! I have a lot of trust in him because I love my hair a lot and for me to let him touch took a big step, but he did well!

Anyways we also went to the temple her in Finland, and it maybe one of the prettiest temples that i have been in! I hope everyone here gets the opportunity to come to the Temple in Finland! Such a beautiful place!! Then we came back on Friday morning and got into Lahti at about 9, did some studies for like an hour then we had a lesson! Super good lesson btw!

Then this weekend was just full of tracking and building member relationships! We knocked a lot of doors, got a lot of nos (which really means later ill accept) and a few yess! So not a bad week! Weve really been focusing on our message about the Savior this past month and Im amazed at how many people say that they dont need him. Its super sad! We all need him! Thats why he is called our "Savior"! 

Also other sad news is that i Have had a white Christmas every year my whole life, until
I come to Finland of all places! Haha! Its been in the 40s and rainy all week. Im kind of bummed out about that. They say its Lahti's warmest summer EVER! Im living in the history book, in the present! Life is moving right along! Remember the Savior this Christmas season! I know that he lives! He loves us and wants to help us! Let us accept his gift to us!

With love,
Vanhin Robison





No comments:

Post a Comment